top of page
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Sasha Sass Candle
BEFORE LIGHTINGTrim the Wick to 1/4 inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping, or flaring. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times. Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning and excessive dripping. Never lift candle jar by its lid.
WHEN EXTINGUISHINGUse a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It's the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering. Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break glass container.
WHILE BURNINGNever touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied. Don't burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container). Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don't melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly. Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before lighting. Never leave a burning candle unattended. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles. After you blow out the candle, make sure that the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room. Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Do not burn too many candles in a small living space or room where air exchange is limited. Never use a candle as a night light. Be very careful if using candles during power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment - such as a lantern or kerosene heater. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc. Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else. Place your candle on a non-flammable surface. Your candle must always be placed on a non-flammable surface such as a plate or tile –a proper candle / incense holder should be used.
CANDLE TUNNELINGLearn how to stop worrying and love the leftover wax! Avoid short burns. Allow your candle to burn at least 2 hours to melt wax evenly across the top. If you light your candle for brief periods only, the wax is not able to melt completely. Don't touch! Pushing the wax down into a hot candle puts you at risk of skin burns, and shortens the length of exposed wick. This can actually result in more wax remaining in the next burn. Accept "leftover" wax. Residual wax can have the benefit of preventing the candle from becoming too hot. Variability in burning conditions result in different amount of leftover wax. The candle is likely performing as designed. In some conditions, leftover wax can be a safety feature preventing overheating.
bottom of page